Sunday, September 2, 2012

Land of extremes. Land of contrasts. Land of surprises. Land of contradictions.... That is Arizona. ~Federal Writers Project, Arizona: The Grand Canyon State, 1956

I've officially lived here for more than a year :) I'm going to try to make it a point to upload pics every couple of days to get caught up.

My first few days out here I got to experience one of the biggest haboobs in Arizona's history. Right before a storm, the wind picks up the sand and dirt in the desert and brings it to the valley. Then, everything - and I mean everything - gets covered in dust.
So, one day I saw a haboob coming in, rushed to a mountain, and took pics of the city.
 

Even though Arizona is such a large city, there was a night where the stars were especially bright...
Oh, and the moon seems extra large here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment