Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cruise Day 2: Key West

We spent our second day docked at Key West, Florida. Unfortunately, all we really got to see was the touristy stuff, complete with a store where everything was $5. However, there was this cool house (above) with a peace sign over their window.


Sloppy Joe's Bar: Apparently it was Ernest Hemingway's favorite bar, and was frequented by Habana Joe.


Since I didn't get to go to the northernmost point in the US while in Alaska, I decided to go to the southernmost place in the US. Here are my feet there.



Key West lighthouse (out of commission):


That square building was Ernest Hemingway's house, as seen from the Key West lighthouse.
"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." -Ernest Hemingway


Goodbye Key West!

(I got a camera that takes really easy panoramics, hence the addition of panoramics to this page :D)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time Brittany. Miss you tons, but glad I can kind of keep up with your happenings!!
    --mel.

    ReplyDelete